Who We Serve
The Way Back serves individuals with criminal justice system involvement, including veterans, who meet the following guidelines:
- 18 years or older.
- Live in Dallas and surrounding counties.
- Were released from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice or another prison/correctional facility within the last 12 months.
- Females who are mandated to a SAFPF program (SAFPF clients must have a referral from their probation officer).
- Individuals willing to complete follow-up requirements for case management services.
All participants are taken through a comprehensive intake process to include:
- Needs and Interventions Assessment
- Self-Sufficiency Assessment
- Education and Workforce Assessments
Individual Plans are developed based on the following assessments and self-sufficiency measures:
- Housing Stability
- Education and Training
- Access to Healthcare
- Justice System Involvement and Supervision Compliance
- Substance Abuse
On Demand Workforce: A workforce solution to provide previously incarcerated men and women, as well as veterans, a quick transition to employment . Through this pathway, our clients will learn new skills and acquire relevant job history.
Expanded Reentry Training Center: A centrally located hub, along public transportation lines, that will provide space for classrooms and a career training facility.
Transitional Housing: The Way Back Properties will house individuals upon their release from prison, providing a safe environment for stable reentry.